POSHAN Abhiyaan “Prime Minister’sOverarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment”
Chandigarh, 20th July 2018: POSHAN Abhiyaan “Prime Minister’sOverarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment” was launched on 8th March,2018 with the aim to bring down stunting of the children in the age group of 0-6 years from 38.4% to 25% and to reduce undernourishment, anemia, and low birth weight by 2% p.a. POSHAN Abhiyaan is not a programme but a Jan Andolan and Bhagidaari, this programmeincorporates inclusive participation of Public representatives of local bodies, government departments , social organizations and the public and private sector at large. To create awareness among the masses, the Department of Social Welfare, Women and Child Development , Chandigarh Administration today organized a drive on POSHAN Abhiyaan in the Anganwadi Centres of Ramdarbar , Bapu dham , DaduMajra colony and at Village Kaimwala. Approximately 500 Pregnant Women/Nursing Mothers/Adolescent Girls and masses were sensitized through the following programmes:
1. Awareness rally on POSHAN Abhiyaan and Swachtta Mission was held in Ramdarbarcolony .
2. A play on the theme of Nutrition and Swachhta Mission was showcased to the masses by Anganwari Workers at Dadumajra colony.
3. Village Health Sanitation & Nutrition Day was celebrated at Village Kaimwala in convergence with Health Deptt, Rural Deptt, Volunteers of Youth club , Members of PRIs.
4. Dr Vandana, Medical Officer delivered Lecture on Nutrition and Health care ,Breastfeeding and Health and Hygiene in Composite building of Bapu Dham colony.
5. Trees were also planted in the adjoining area of Anganwari Centres.